Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Forever 34

So just a month ago I was in St. Augustine visiting Kate, Jason and Dash.
And I am finally posting pics and writing a post about it. Yes, I have been slacking.
I am a very dedicated friend: My flight was at 6:45 in the a.m. (I woke up at 4 a.m.) Then I had a four-hour layover in Houston. I arrived in Jacksonville about 7 p.m.
Kate picked me up at the airport. We had dinner and yummy wine at a place called The Tasting Room. We had all kinds of tapas and man, everything was good.
I took a peek at the boy when we got home. So sweet!
The next morning a little hanging out, feeding time, nap time and then our venture to the beach. We were actually able to drive onto the beach. Very cool. Kate was very organized with her supplies, including her awesome umbrella, which wouldn't stay up because of the dang wind. Then we set up Dash's little tent. He seemed to like it and the breeze until the sand got in his eyes. Then he just wasn't happy. So while Kate tried to calm him I threw everything back into the car.
We drove home and the little guy finally calmed down and went for a nap. Mama and Papa had stuff to do so I got to babysit.
The key to get Dash to sleep a little longer is you put his binky back in his mouth and pull up his blankie. But I think he just really wanted to hang out with Aunt Ann.
If he was crying I would go in to check on him and the second he saw me he would be all smiles and sometimes even giggling. Too cute.
So eventually I took him out and set him in his cool little chair. (A few pics of him in his chair in the below link.)
I was trying to teach him to gimme five. He found that rather hilarious.
Some time after Mom and Dad came home we decided to head out to dinner. We went to a place called the Conch House (I think that was the name). We sat outside. It was so nice. I tried fried alligator and it was so good!
After dinner the boys dropped Kate and me off in the shopping area in their hood. We walked around, listened to some music, looked at local art, went to a cool bookstore. Oh, and I almost forgot, we went to the pirate store--which was pretty fun and cool.
Sunday the four of us strolled into the restaurant/shopping area for brunch. Yum! After good eats the boys headed home and Kate and I did more shopping. She took me to a great consignment shop. I found some great stuff and only bought things for 5 or 10 bucks!
Before heading home we hit the Fountain of Youth. A little cheesy, but hey, you gotta do it, right? I had a drink from the Fountain of Youth--so I will forever be 34.
Sunday evening we just relaxed and hung out.
Monday we lounged in the morning and made sure to get some pics of Dash and Aunt Ann. Before heading to the airport we stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and doughnuts! I love, love, love Dunkin Donuts' old-fashioned cake doughnut. I never remember if it is a cake doughnut or an old-fashioned. Whatever, I love it. (I checked the Dunkin' Donuts Web site and there isn't one within a 50-mile range of where I work/live. The last time I was at Dunkin' Donuts was when we were in Connecticut for Kate and Jason's wedding. HA!)
I had a great visit. I am so happy for Kate and Jason. Dash is adorable and such a good baby. Now I gotta figure out how to get back out there and visit him.
Sorry it took me forever to write about it. Hopefully I didn't forget anything.
See my trip photos here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I can't get over how cute he is! And good too! I hope Baby O takes a few tips from Dash. ; )

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:58:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

hey thanks for the great post! and don't worry erica, baby o will be fab!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics of Dash. You are totally correct... he is soooo cute! Sounds like your visit was lots of fun. Glad that you made it to the fountain of youth! Hugs -M

Friday, May 01, 2009 3:33:00 PM  
Anonymous jodie said...

Your hair is getting so long!

I love that tent on the beach. He's adorable.

And I like the title of your post, "Forever 34," especially when I got to the explanation. (:

Sunday, May 03, 2009 12:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home