Friday, April 10, 2009

Goodbye Uncle Gil

***Updated with link to Uncle Gil's obituary.***
On Wednesday my mom's uncle passed away.
Uncle Gil aka Uncle Givvy (I have no idea if that is how you spell it) was a kind and generous man.
His nickname for me was Annie Roonie. And as a kid I hated it. Now it makes me smile.
Uncle Gil is my grandma's brother. And he was the second brother my grandma has lost. Uncle Tony died when I was in high school.
(Side story: Uncle Tony had three sons and named his three sons after his three brothers. So talk about confusing, right?)
Gil was married to Mercedes and they have three kids: Elizabeth, Joe and Alex (who are all around my age).
An obituary is not posted yet. I will link to it when it is. Click here for the obituary.
My thoughts are with my family at this sad time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice tribute to Uncle Gil! You are correct... He was a very nice guy! Liz,Joe and Alex say Hi.
We will miss him.
Thanks & Hugs Mama

Friday, April 10, 2009 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Penny said...

I'm so sorry, Ann. My condolences to your family.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks Penny!

Monday, April 13, 2009 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger JenC said...

mine and dave's thoughts and prayers are with your family. he sounds like quite a character. :)

Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home