Friday, April 17, 2009

Review: Bumble & Bumble Hair Powder

I recently bought Bumble and Bumble's Brown Hair Powder.
I have to say this stuff works pretty well. Though it is kinda spendy.
It is great to use when you don't wash your hair every day. It dulls the shine.
It is a liquid you spray onto your hair--kinda like hairspray--and let dry--doesn't take long, and then you brush.
I would say the only negative, besides the price, is that you get little drops of brown (or whatever color you buy) on your arms, ears, face, bathroom sink.
I guess I must perfect the spray.
I tried it this morning for the first time going out in public. I think it did a good job to cover the hair that is slightly greasy looking.
I even went to the gym on my lunch break and I was a little worried that the brown would go dripping down my face. It didn't. I just made sure to dab around my hairline.
I hear you can use baby powder. I think the smell would drive me nuts and I think I would look like George Washington.
Anyone else use similar products or have other ideas?

4 Comments:

Anonymous jodie said...

I've never heard of this stuff!

I don't know if this would work, but what if you take a headband and use that to cover your forehead, along the hairline? Maybe that would help prevent it getting on your ears and parts of your face. Just a thought.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger JenC said...

this was kind of an accident, but it's made my hair look nicer...

the other day i didn't use conditioner because i was running late. that day my hair was frizz city, but the following day, my hair looked really nice and didn't have any frizz or grease issues. so i tried going w/o conditioner again yesterday. same deal. bad the first day (pony-tailed it) and nice today.

i wonder if it's some kind of natural conditioner your hair manufactures when it realizes it's too dry. very scientific of me, i know. :)

either way, it's my new M.O. for special events. no conditioner the day before.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I kinda shield my face with my hand and arm. I think what I need is the face guard you can use for hair spray, displayed in Steel Magnolias at 6:59 in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jT2juikkM
But man, that spray gets all over the place. I noticed some brown dots on the bathroom floor. Maybe I need to stand in the tub while spraying with my shield over my face. :)
Or maybe I need this Jodie: http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page221.html

Interesting Jen. Glad that works for you. My hair is a frizz ball on Day 1 or Day 2--at least in the Bay Area.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:46:00 PM  
Anonymous jodie said...

Yeah, maybe something like that. But that won't solve the spray getting on the floor. Hmm.

Monday, April 27, 2009 1:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home