Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy birthday Joey!

Today is my furbaby's 15th birthday! Can you believe it??? I can't.
I worked at Petsmart in college. People used to find animals and bring them. We would tell people that unfortunately we couldn't take them and they would have to take the animals to a shelter.
But one day two men found a litter of kittens in a Dumpster. They brought them in. And the employees took the baby kitties.
Joey was the only gray one in the bunch. He was so tiny and fuzzy.
That was the very beginning of June 1994. I took Joey to the vet and the vet said he was about six weeks old. So today, April 15, is Joey's birthday.
FYI: 15 in cat years is 76 in human years.

Can you believe someone threw away this precious baby? What in the H were they thinking? I know the pics are a little dark. They were taken this morning with my iPhone. Top pic is Joey on his kitty perch, which he just loves. Buttom pic is Joey with one of this birthday presents: new cardboard catnip scratching post. (He will get his other presents tonight.)
Curt said Joey was breaking in his birthday present when he left for work this morning. But not until he scooted the scratching post under an end table (where it is usually placed), because he didn't know what to do with it out in the open. HA!

5 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

Thanks Mama! I love you.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

My baby turned 8 on April 1. The janitor at my work found a litter of kittens behind the dumpster. I was totally not a cat person, but I was going through a divorce and lonely and she looked at me and meowed "Mama" so I was toast. Took her to the vet and she was 5 weeks old, dated to April 1. Can't imagine anyone throwing away anything living - it's crazy. My Jessica is my baby! Happy Birthday Joey! Love Andi and Jessica!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Happy birthday from Harley and Scooter! Arf!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Cookie! Hugs -M

Friday, April 17, 2009 12:02:00 PM  
Anonymous oso said...

Happy bday grandpa joey.

Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home