Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Doing my part to honor Earth Day

I will only drink soda, wine and beer today to preserve water. HA!
Today I washed my face with cold water. I didn't wait for the water to heat up. Usually I do--because ice cold water on the face first thing in the morning really sucks. But it has been warm lately so the water was manageable.
We recently had our toilet fixed so it is no longer running unnecessarily. So I think we are doing a better job of saving water. I don't run the water while taking my medicine in the morning. A while back I bought Dixie cups. It would be even less wasteful if I used a cup I can rewash--but c'mon!
Our landlord recently had something planted in the front and asked for me to set the sprinklers. So I set it to water three times a week and at night. She was having it run in the morning--which was bad for two reasons, it evaporates quicker during the day and it woke me up way too early in the morning when it would turn on.
One of my (many) work pet peeves is that each kitchen has garbage and recycling ... People are so lazy and just don't care that they throw trash in the most obvious blue recycle bin and throw stuff that should be recycled in the trash. Irritates me to no end!
Curt and I have recycled for years. Even when we lived in a townhome community in Mesa that didn't offer recycling. We bought our own bins, filled them up and drove them to a recycling center to drop our stuff off. In Berkeley you had to separate everything out, which was a pain (had to do that in Oregon, too). But in Oakland we just dump it all in one giant honker bin. It's great.

Today is also Admin Day. So make sure you thank and appreciate your admins today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good earth day ideas!
Glad you are enjoying your warm weather. We have been pretty lucky here too. Hugs -M

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home