Thursday, December 16, 2010

Like mother, like daughter

If you know my mom, you know that she knows how and loves to throw parties. I got part of that gene. If you know my mom, you know that she has a huge heart and is a major advocate for helping others and volunteering at various charities. I like to think I got part of that gene, too,
I am a little selfish with my free time as I don't have much. So instead of time, I give monetarily. (Is that even a word?) I also love hosting various activities at work and personally.
During this holiday season at work I am in charge of the food drive in November, toy drive in December and Kris Kringle gift exchange also in December.
Today we had our Kris Kringle gift exchange revealing party. This time I had a lot of people thank me for organizing and said our little party was a lot of fun. I was so happy everyone had fun and were so appreciative. It made me feel really good.
We had a company meeting today and I helped pass around the mike for people who had questions. When there were no more questions I raised my hand and told our CEO I didn't have a question but since I had the mike I was going to remind people about our toy drive. I am going on a toy shopping spree tomorrow and was still taking monetary donations for that. I also reminded them that the toys will be picked up Monday if they want to do their own shopping. I am excited that I have a lot money to buy toys for children who aren't as lucky as so many of us are.
I wanted to add another pic of my prize winning cocktail (above). I was sipping that Tuesday night as I was catching up on episodes of Parenthood and knitting my scarf for my Kris Kringle pick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home