Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Get over it ... What? Already?

I haven't traveled since that new scanner thing came in at airport security. I guess it wasn't ready when Curt and I traveled to Missouri a couple of weeks ago.
I understand if someone doesn't want to go through the scanner. That is their choice. But then the other option is a pat down. This is for all of our safety. So ya' gotta do one or the other. I don't know enough about the scanners to have an opinion. (I guess I better do a little reading before we travel for Christmas.) But people complaining about the pat downs? Have you people never been to a club before? And you have the same sex "groping" you. And really, you think that TSA worker is getting their jollies while rubbing against your fat and rolls? I doubt it. It's about safety. And we want to travel safely and avoid any crazy terrorists. So these are the sacrifices we make to travel safely in America and around the world. I love to have the freedom to travel.

Uh, Christmas music. For many years I could not listen to Christmas music without feeling anger. No, I am not a scrooge. I just worked retail way too long while in high school and college.
I noticed yesterday Michaels was playing Christmas music already. There is a radio station in the Bay Area that plays constant Christmas music, which I thought started after Thanksgiving. I discovered the other day that that was not the case.
I enjoy Christmas music now (to a minimum). But when it is Christmas season.
We still need to eat our ham (and turkey--if that is what you have for Thanksgiving) before we start rocking around the Christmas tree.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Amen and Amen

Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

home depot was playing xmas music the day before halloween.

Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home