Monday, December 13, 2010

Busy, fun, hardly had a moment to sit down weekend

Friday night I ended my week with yoga and then a few errands. I got home and started on some chores. Curt eventually came home and picked us up dinner.
Saturday had my regular two hours at the gym, an errand or two and then I started doing some stuff that needed to get done around the house, I prepared my cocktail for the upcoming Cocktail Competition Party at Monica and Malcolm's, started getting ready for our guests the following day and squeezed in a little knitting time (working on a scarf for my Kris Kringle at work).
For the cocktail party I made Hungry Girl's Winter Wonderland Peppermintini (pic above). I really worked the angle that it was only 125 calories and quite festive for the holidays. I even had drink tags (pic on the left). As my friend Joe watched me prepare, You EVEN have drink tags for your glasses. Uh, yea,
I plan to WIN. And win is just what I did. Oh yea! First place. There were 14 different cocktails and beer bread (made by a pregnant lady). I probably tasted at least 10 different cocktails and, of course, the beer bread. It was a fun time.
Sunday morning I woke up with a headache and kinda tired (hmmm, I wonder why?). I got myself to the grocery, skipped yoga (ended up being a good choice) and came back home to prepare for the 5th annual Cheesemas.
We had friends over to eat cheese or cheese-like items and watch cheesy holiday movies.
We always start with Creature Comforts Christmas show. You have to click on that link--it's a clip of the show. Then we move onto The Christmas Shoes, which is tradition. If you want to watch the whole thing on YouTube, click here. You probably don't want to watch the whole thing. And you may have already seen it on Lifetime.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Charlie Brown Christmas tree! Congratulations on winning the cocktail competition...
very interesting cocktail idea. Glad you had a good time at your annual Cheesemas night! Hugs -M

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Jodie said...

Congrats on first place!

Cheesemas sounds like a great themed party. I can't believe Christmas is next week!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home