Sunday, December 05, 2010

The best thing about not giving out Christmas gifts ...

is that you don't have to go Christmas shopping. (Not that I really did before anyway. And if I did, it was before Thanksgiving. And after online shopping became the norm, that's how I shopped.)
We are focusing on charities this year for Christmas. It feels good ... like how it should be. Most people in our lives are pretty OK and/or lucky and have what they need. And there are so many people out there so much worse off than we are. There are children who are hungry, cold, don't have a place to live, don't have toys or books. That makes me very sad.
There are many things good about Christmas. But I think a lot of greed happens around this time of year, too. And that is just ugly.
OK, I'm done.

This was a good and relaxing weekend. Got a lot of stuff I needed to get done around the house. We got our tree (pictured to the left) and decorated. Our lights are up outside. Our few decorations are around the house.
Curt didn't like the tree topper we had before. I told him he could get a new one. He did. He picked out a gaudy angel that changes colors and is fiber optic. I think it was probably the only one he found at Home Depot that lights up.
I watched the latest Twilight movie, Eclipse, last night. It was pretty good. And Jacob did have his shirt off a lot, which was actually kinda funny.
Now I am doing laundry, catching up on shows and waiting for our sushi to be delivered.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree looks really great! Tell Curt that he picked a cool topper!
I totally agree about helping the charities. Hugs -M

Monday, December 06, 2010 5:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home