Thursday, November 25, 2010

Family

What does the word family mean to you?
Most seem to think children make a family. That is just one type of family.
When I was much younger I was part of what some would call a traditional family: Mom, Dad, me and my brother. Then my parents divorced and my mom became a single mom and our family was: Mom, me and my brother.
Family for me means: Curt and me; Curt, me and Joey (furbaby); my Tucson family; my Missouri family; my Philly family; a single parent and children; two parents and children; two adults and no children; adult(s) and animals; friends, etc.
If you want to read more about child free couples who are families, too: click here.

I am spending Thanksgiving with my family: Curt and Joey and also a few friends.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

you both are part of our family! we talk about aunt ann almost every day since Dash's blue blankie is attached to him all the time.

happy thanksgiving to you friend!

Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:06:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Aww, that's sweet.
Thanks, Kate.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 4:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved what you wrote. hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

alicia

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home