Thursday, December 02, 2010

Holiday Mail for Heroes

Want to do something to help a troop or two or three or a dozen? Send some holiday cards now! Buy some extras or send some leftovers. They will all be appreciated. Holiday cards for our heroes can be postmarked up to Dec. 10, 2010. Read more about it right here.
I think most of my readers know that I knit and I like to give to charities. And if I can mix the two together even better. Between myself, Marilyn, Penny and Alicia we knitted 43 hats to be sent to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Handmade hats from home are a great way to support our troops no matter what your political views are.
Check out our hats that should be making their way to the troops now:

And an added bonus for you:
Cool, huh? Along with candy we also gave out glow in the dark bracelets. And they were a huge hit. We had around 90-100 trick or treaters on Halloween. We let the kids pick candy out of the bucket. At some point we were letting them grab three pieces each and a bracelet. One kid got their goodies and yelled down to the 'rents that they got THREE PIECES OF CANDY AND A GLOW IN THE DARK BRACELET. Yea, I will be buying those cheap bracelets from Michaels again. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jodie said...

The glow in the dark bracelets are a great idea!

I also love that you knit hats for a good cause. I'm going to check out the link about the holiday cards.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 9:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the hats look fantastic! love ur idea of the glow in the dark bracelets.

alicia

Friday, December 03, 2010 9:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea about the holiday cards for the troops! I can't believe that you 3 have made 43 hats!
Super Job! Hugs -M

Friday, December 03, 2010 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home