Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Not yet ...

There is an older woman at the gym who takes many of the same classes I do.
Tonight after Zumba we were chatting. She asked me if I had a husband and kids. I said, I have a husband ... and a cat. She said something back, which I can't remember, and then replied, no kids ... yet.
I never know how to respond to that. Sometimes I say, Oh, I am not planning on having kids. But that usually gets some sort of weird response back and I usually feel like I have to defend my choice. Or I just don't respond at all.
But almost every time I tell someone I don't have kids they almost always respond, no kids yet. It is so weird.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex C. said...

Just tell them you had girl inside disease and had your gross girl guts taken out, so now you can't have kids.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Zumba? Have a great weekend. Hugs -M

Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:57:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Alex, I have been tempted to tell people I am sterile.

M, Zumba is latin/hiphop dance exercise. Super fun!
Here's a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home