Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Not yet ...

There is an older woman at the gym who takes many of the same classes I do.
Tonight after Zumba we were chatting. She asked me if I had a husband and kids. I said, I have a husband ... and a cat. She said something back, which I can't remember, and then replied, no kids ... yet.
I never know how to respond to that. Sometimes I say, Oh, I am not planning on having kids. But that usually gets some sort of weird response back and I usually feel like I have to defend my choice. Or I just don't respond at all.
But almost every time I tell someone I don't have kids they almost always respond, no kids yet. It is so weird.

3 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Just tell them you had girl inside disease and had your gross girl guts taken out, so now you can't have kids.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Zumba? Have a great weekend. Hugs -M

Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:57:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Alex, I have been tempted to tell people I am sterile.

M, Zumba is latin/hiphop dance exercise. Super fun!
Here's a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home