Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last weekend

This past week has been so busy that I hadn't had a chance to blog about my trip to Tucson.
I headed to Tucson last Friday night. My mom met me at baggage claim. After we got my bag we found Fred and in the car was a strawberry eegee waiting for me. How much better can it get?
We got to the house and mom heated up some green corn tamales for me. Oh, so yummy.
Saturday morning Mom made chorizo and menudo for breakfast. My aunt, uncle and cousins (Margie, Mason, Sarah and Daniel) came over for breakfast and coffee. It was a fun visit. We had a great time. After breakfast we headed to Grandma's for a visit. We headed home and lounged while having cheese, bread, wine and Lifetime movies. Mom and Fred went to church and I went to Shelly's for a barbecue. It was great to see Shelly and her girls, who are now 15. I can't believe it. I have known those girls since before they were born. Then off to dinner with Mom, Fred, my brother, John, and his girlfriend. After dinner I went over to John's for a bit to see his house and meet all of his dogs.
Sunday morning was a little lazy with another yummy breakfast made by Mom. Late morning I went over to Grandpa's for a visit and a beer. Then back to the house to get Mom and Fred and off to Grandma's again for a visit with Grandma, Uncle Mike and some beer. Oh, and playing fetch with Grandma's dog, Chuy. Back to Mom's for lounging, guac, salsa and chips and wine and Lifetime. I had dinner that night with Dad at Bisonwitches. I had to make a stop at eegee's for another strawberry slushie drink. John was supposed to have dinner with us, but he had something else to do. He stopped by Mom's afterward for a visit.
Monday I slept in. Had a lazy morning. Mom, Fred and I headed to the Arizona Inn for lunch. It was nice to sit out there. It was a little warm. But we were in the shade and had a ceiling fan on high. Oh, and daiquiris, margaritas and iced tea helped, too.
I was not excited about going to Tucson in August. But I had a lot of fun and got to see lots of family without it being too stressful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a terrific time with you too! Glad that you could come to Tucson. Hugs -M

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Jodie said...

Sounds like your family knows how to treat a guest! (: Glad you had fun.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home