Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I dropped a stitch ...

For some reason I never learned how to fix a dropped stitch when knitting. I think I was afraid of it and figured it was too difficult. (I felt the same way about purling at one point--and now I actually enjoy purling more than basic, regular knitting.)
I was working on a troop hat over the weekend and was close to the end when I realized I had dropped a stitch many rows below. There was no way I was gonna rip that whole thing apart and start over. (Since I was almost done with the hat that would have been about 4 hours of work sacrificed.)
So I pulled out my Stitch 'n Bitch book and read up how to do fix a dropped stitch. It ended up being much easier than I thought. My dropped stitch isn't perfect--but it looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I showed it to my friend and co-worker Khamla today while we were having lunch and knitting and she told me that was nothing. That made me feel pretty good.
I am now knitting No. 14 troop hat. I am going to have to order some more yarn soon. With the yarn I have I think I will get to 18 hats. And I have time to make many more. I have about 3 1/2 months to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! 14 knitted hats! You are
SUPER! Talk to you this weekend.
Hugs -M

Friday, July 16, 2010 6:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home