Friday, April 02, 2010

1 hat down, second started, many to go ...


As many of you know, in 2008 I worked on a charity project ... I knitted hats for the troops over in Iraq and Afghanistan. I sent my hats and other hats and extras, which friends contributed, to The Ships Project, which then sends the items on to different branches of the military based on need and requests.
Well, I am doing it again this year. I have one hat knitted and the second one started. The first time I worked on this project I made 20. I have a higher goal for myself this time around. My goal is to have my hats ready for the November mailing to The Ships Project so that they get to the troops by Christmas.
Last time around we sent 49 hats, a bunch of extras (coffee, ChapStick, Crystal Light, bandages) and money for postage.
If anyone would like to participate please let me know and I can get you the specifics. Some of the color rules for the hats have changed since I made them last.
I may not support the war, but I do support our troops.
And I will keep on knitting ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would love to participate again! i have the black swish yarn from knit picks.

alicia

Friday, April 02, 2010 9:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home