Sunday, March 28, 2010

Still Team Edward

This weekend was pretty low key. Pretty much had to be after last weekend.
Saturday went to the gym for the normal two hours of torture. Came home and did a little knitting. Then a little before 2 headed to the vet with Joey. See pic to the left.
Joey had his regular senior check-up. It's funny ... because at home Curt and I have to trick Joey to get him into the carrier and shove him in there. Once at the vet he has to be pulled out. (Check out Joey's blog for his version of the story.)
Once we got home from the vet I could tell Joey was mad at me. I got the cold shoulder for a little while. Eventually he got over it and he has unconditional love for me again.
Saturday afternoon/evening I did a little work from home.
After that Curt and I tried a kinda new restaurant in our hood for dinner. We had sardines for appetizers--it was really good. For dinner I had a side of polenta (so yummy) and asparagus and a white bean fennel soup. Curt had pasta. I broke my no drinking vow for the weekend and had a glass of wine. Curt says it doesn't count because it was a glass of wine with dinner--ha!
We watched Men Who Stare at Goats--which had a few funny moments, but, eh.
This morning hit the grocery store--my least favorite chore. But I was excited that between my coupon clipping and Safeway card I saved more than 40 bucks, bill was slightly under $100. Nice!
Then I took a walk in the hood and got a mani/pedi. It had been a long time coming. It had been more than 3 1/2 months. After that home for some more working from home ...
Once I was done with what I needed to work on I rewarded myself with popcorn, Vanilla Coke Zero and New Moon. Yes, I finally watched it today. I was so excited. But, I do have to say, I am still Team Edward.
Now for The Pacific (it's no Band of Brothers). But it is still pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home