Monday, March 22, 2010

Drunken dialing


Now is my chance to summarize the rest of our Vegas weekend.
Before I do ... we have already decided that we are going back next year for the opening of the NCAA tourney. We will be arriving that Thursday night (late--hopefully not as late as this past time) and leaving the following Monday. So, if you want to join us, please do.
Saturday morning Curt and I took it easy with some coffee and muffins. About 11 I headed to the pool for sun and lounging. As part of our hotel deal we got a free bottle of booze. I picked sparkling wine. So I filled my water bottle with some adult beverage and headed to the pool. I lounged, read some trashy celebrity news and listened to stupid, young, drunk people acting like idiots. Eventually Curt joined me. We were able to lounge in the sun and watch basketball and enjoy some drinks.
Eventually Curt headed back to the room. I stuck around the pool a little longer ... and at some point drunk dialed my mom. I asked her later if she knew I was drunk. Nope, just thought I was really happy, which I guess I was.
(One of my co-workers had asked me if I was going to be drinking all day over the weekend. I was initially offended by the question and asked, are you? Apparently I shouldn't have been offended.)
Eventually I went back up to the room to check in for our flight. And then to pass out right before Kansas lost! So happy the stupid chickenhawks lost!
Curt and I headed to Battista's Hole in the Wall for dinner. Love that place. And we got to listen to Gordie play his accordian.
After dinner we headed to MGM Grand for the Cirque Du Soleil Ka show. Wow, that was so amazing, awesome, terrifying and exciting. It was worth every penny we spent.
(FYI: Saturday was the first day of spring and Curt's birthday!)
Sunday we packed up and headed to the airport.
Sunday night there was unpacking, laundry, pizza ordering and eating, showering and catching up on some shows.
And today was back to the grind. It was tough going back after a fun weekend. Can't wait to do it again next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

YAY! "Curt and I headed to Battista's Hole in the Wall for dinner. Love that place. And we got to listen to Gordie play his accordian."

Monday, March 22, 2010 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I shoulda given you and Dave credit for recommending that place.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home