Friday, March 19, 2010

I <3 Las Vegas

It took us forever to get to Vegas. Our flight out of Oakland was supposed to leave at 8:30. We didn't leave until 10:30. I don't know where our plane was coming from. But it was late.
We got in about 11:30 and there were like 5 planes waiting to get to a gate.
We probably waited in this huge line for a taxi for about 45 minutes. I have to say they were organized at the airport. I figured we weren't the only ones who thought it would be a good weekend to watch some college ball.
What we found out later is that at some point the Las Vegas airport was closed because of high winds.
We got to Planet Hollywood close to 1 a.m. We were tired and ready to relax. Then we got to stand in line for about an hour and a half just to check in.
I met some girls who were wearing I "heart" Las Vegas T-shirts. One of them asked me if it was my first time to Vegas. I said no. Then I asked if it was their first first, already knowing the answer. I was also asked what were the good clubs. Uuuuuh. I told her she was asking the wrong person.
We finally check in and they tell us that we are being put up in the PH towers. We were so tired and irritated. But whatever. Our room came with a fee bottle of booze. I tried to redeem and I couldn't because I wasn't Curt. I was highly irritated. Curt got it for me.
We got to the towers, got a room upgrade and a huge apology. And the towers are much nicer than the other part of PH.
We got into our room about 3 a.m. and asleep about 3:30. I got up the morning before at 6. That's a long day.

This morning Curt headed out to make some bets and go watch some basketball at the sports book. I joined him for the Missouri game. After Missouri won we headed for a late lunch.
After that I had to come back to the hotel room for a nap. Curt did some more basketball watching and then headed back to the room for lounging.
This evening we headed out for a walk, penny slot playing and dinner. I played a penny slot called Kitty Glitter. I played that slot for like an hour on 2 bucks. My biggest win was off 4 Siamese and a wild card for 300. So that's 3 bucks. I got served booze twice. Not too shabby.
We had dinner at Bill's Gamblin' Hall & Saloon.
We are both beat and ready for bed.
This was part of my Facebook status update last night: Looking forward to a weekend of fun, relaxing, penny slot playing, lounging by the pool, NCAA tourney watching ... all with Curt.
Everything has been checked off the list except for the lounging by the pool. I plan on doing that tomorrow.
Good night.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time after the
plane delay! Glad that the birthday boy had a great time!
Hugs -M

Monday, March 22, 2010 5:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time after the plane delay. Glad that the birthday boy had a great time!
Hugs -M

Monday, March 22, 2010 5:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home