Monday, August 25, 2008

OK, I've got my fleece and my sunscreen

Curt got tickets to the Giants/Padres game for Saturday afternoon through work. (Nice Club Level seats--and actually even better ones than I am used to sitting in.) We had possible plans with Dad and Hilda--so we invited them to the game. They happily accepted.
It was sunny and in the 70s in the East Bay when we were getting ready to leave for the game. But that doesn't mean it will be nice in the city.
So I made sure I had my fleece, my sunscreen and a hat. Well, I did NOT need the fleece. Man, we were roasting out there. I couldn't believe how hot it was.
But we still had fun. And the Giants won--not that it matters to me one way or another. And it was a short game. Only 2 hours and 20 minutes. My kind of baseball!

Zachary's

Sunday my second cousin Joe came over to our side of the Bay for lunch. I found out recently that he lives in San Francisco. So we finally got together. We had lunch at Zachary's and hung out. It was a lot of fun. It was the first time Curt and Joe had met. After lunch we headed to McNally's for a beer. We all had two. After we got home I had to take a nap. Two beers in the afternoon just wipes me out. So I took a nap and then was awake and chipper the rest of the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you were able to spend time with Joseph. I mentioned it to Grandma and she was really pleased. Good chatting with you. Hugs -M

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home