Monday, August 11, 2008

Lazy bum

That is pretty much how I spent my weekend ... being a bum.
Friday after work I hit yoga. A perfect way to end a stressful week. Then headed home for some relaxation. Curt did boy things with some friends Friday night. So I had the house to myself.
I enjoyed an unhealthy dinner and a beer and watched movies. I also started (and finished Sunday) a beanie for the troops. Anyone else interested in making beanies? I will send them off to the troops at the end of October. Click here for the pattern.
Saturday morning I had every intention of going to spin class. I got up on time. But I just felt exhausted. So I decided to veg and watch a movie instead. Then about 10:30 or so I took a 2-hour nap. I bummed around some more. Then about 2:30 I decided to attack my closet. This is something I have been meaning to do for some time--clean and organize my closet. It was a total mess. At one point Curt poked his head in and was impressed to see how much stuff I actually cram in there. Now it is organized and things are easier to get to. Let's see how long that lasts.
Sunday morning I had an 80 minute massage at the Claremont. It was so wonderful. My massage therapist had to work hard on my knots on my upper back. It actually hurt a little. But I wanted those knots out. (I am gonna have to go back soon because the knots aren't all out.) Most people carry their stress in their neck, shoulders and upper back. But I really do! My back is sore today and it was last night, too.
After my massage I was like a noddle. I was super greasy. And I was just gonna go home. But I thought I might as well take a shower there. OK, that was the BEST shower I have ever had. There were 11 shower heads! YES! 11! Three lower, three middle, three upper, one dome and one wand.
I bummed around most of Sunday. Finished my first beanie and started another one, which is more than half way done.
About 6 p.m. Curt and I headed to the city to Dad and Hilda's . They were having issues with their wifi and Curt checked it out. Afterward we headed home. On the way home I called in an order to Sushiya and we picked sushi up to take home. We ate sushi and watched gymnastics.
And that was my weekend. Hope you all had a good weekend. (Or maybe you haven't had your weekend yet since you don't work "normal" hours. Either way, whenever your weekend is or was, have a great one.)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your massage and shower sounded amazing! Everyone needs a fun and relaxing weekend once in a while.
Have a good week. Hugs -M

Monday, August 11, 2008 9:01:00 PM  
Blogger JLC said...

that sounds like a reeeeealy nice weekend! glad you enjoyed it. :)

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home