Monday, April 21, 2008

Congrats to my friends

This picture came from Angela. Thanks Angela. It makes me a little sad, makes me miss my Salem friends. :( Anyway, pictured is Kate (pregnant); Melissa (pregnant--and due anyday now. Has Melissa had the baby?); Angela (pregnant and having a girl in about 3 months); Marion; Carol; Spike; and Aaron.
As Angela put it, 3/5 of the women in the pic are pregnant. And the other two have kids.
I am super excited that Angela is having a baby and a girl!!!! I get to be Aunt Ann again. Curt and I will go out to Portland in September/October to meet the new Baby Carpstead. Mums the word on names for the baby. For now she is being referred to as Brunhilda. I am sure Angela and Michael will come up with a beautiful name for the beautiful little girl. I can't wait to meet her. Congrats to Angela and Michael.
Kate and her husband just got married recently in Hawaii. I am sure it was an absolutely gorgeous day. Sounds like it was some sort of elopement. So congrats on the marriage and next comes the baby in a baby carriage. Soon Kate will find out if she is having a girl or a boy. Congrats to Kate and Mark.
I think Melissa's due date is technically tomorrow. But she may have already birthed her boy. Haven't heard yet. Melissa's boy will be the 8th boy born to someone in the Statesman Journal newsroom. Congrats to Melissa and Adam.

OK, on to my weekend ...

Friday night I hung out with Phil and Lisa. Curt was attending a class to get his motorcycle license not to far from their place. So after work I headed to Phil and Lisa's and then picked Curt up about 10 p.m. Phil and Lisa made yummy homemade pizza. It was really good. We watched the Colbert Report from the night before. And then watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. The movie was OK. It has some good parts and some weird parts. We laughed and made fun of it. I brought over some People mags so Lisa and I looked at trashy celebrity news.
Saturday morning I went to the gym. That abs/core class is killer. I got home and Curt took off for more motorcycle license class. I just vegged. I didn't do a whole lot--but I did enjoy having the house to myself. I did notice how messy it was, but I didn't do anything about it. :)
Saturday night I watched a movie called, The Dead Girl. Interesting. And kinda sad.
Sunday Curt had his class again. This time I maxed my time. I did a little cleaning. Got a mani/pedi. Talked to Kate (different Kate than pictured above). Did laundry. I got some stuff done on my to do list before we leave in less than a week! Watched Ratatouille.
It was a good weekend. Got stuff done without being too overwhelmed.
This week will be trying to get a ton of stuff done at work, start packing and getting ready for our trip.

5 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

did you look for dan hoffman's name in the ratatouille credits? he's under creative something. so if i call you every weekend, will i make the blog? :O)

Monday, April 21, 2008 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Damn. Them’s some fertile women up in the Beaver State.

Monday, April 21, 2008 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Good thing you moved! : )

Don't tell Casey that Curt got his license. He'd like to buy a motorcyle. I'm rolling my eyes : )

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Lots of fertile women in the beaver state - PFTZ!!!

I'm working on the mugs - I don't know if the descriptions helped me or made it more complicated.. so if you have any ideas.. let me know!!!

I REALLY need a pedicure. Have a blast on your trip.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe that many pregnant friends!!! I loved Curt's comment the best! Great pics of Erica and Casey's wedding. Hugs -M

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home