Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rockridge Optometry

This morning I went to get an eye exam. The doctor was recommended by my boss' wife. And she recommended well. The office was beautiful. Everyone who worked there was really nice. Dr. Yokoi was super cool. I told him I wanted to try contacts again. He told me the pros and cons of the different kinds that would work for me. I have an astigmatism in my left eye--which has made wearing contacts difficult in the past. The last time I wore contacts was about 7 years ago. I just saw better with my glasses.
We decided on a certain kind of contacts for me. Initially they will be tough to wear--comfort issue. But he said if I can get over that it will be worth it. My vision will be clear. And actually improve slightly. So at first I will wear the contacts for some time, checking in at the doctor's office and then once my eyes are at a certain point I will get new glasses.
I will likely have my new contacts next week. But I will wait to start wearing them until we get back from vacation.
These contacts are more expensive than soft lenses. But in the long run they last longer and the fact that I can see better makes it worth it.
There was a lot of stuff done to my eyes today. And usually I am not a big fan of it. But it actually wasn't so bad. And luckily no dilation. That will be saved for another visit at one of my follow ups for my contacts.
I so want to lounge today and do nothing. But I have to go into work in a little bit for a few hours.
Oh, did I mention it is absolutely gorgeous here. I am wearing short sleeves!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

my sister has an astigmatism, too. she wears her contacts almost all the time and uses her glasses when her eyes get tired of 'em. she seems to like the contacts a lot more than wearing glasses, though.

i hope your new contacts work out well, too! :)

Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home