Friday, April 18, 2008

What to write about?

I could tell you about my yoga class today. And how I am getting a lot better at my pigeon pose. I can really feel that it opened up my hips today as I walk around. (In the pics I can't and haven't attempted the third pic.)

Or I could talk about my observations of pregnant people--particularly my friends and co-workers. It seems like everyone is either pregnant or just had a baby (or already has kids). I guess it is my age. It just feels weird. You all know that I really love kids. (But I do have to admit I have a very low tolerance for whiny, crying children--esp. the ones who are old enough to talk. It seems like the next-door neighbors' kid is ALWAYS crying.) But I really have no desires to have one or any of my own. My biological clock has never ticked. I have a few friends who have decided NOT to have kids--but it seems fewer and fewer. (I could go into all the crap about how people tell me I should have a baby or I am selfish for not having one--because I guess it is less selfish to have a baby when you don't really want one because that is the thing to do. But I won't. That is for another post another day.)
On that note I am looking forward to our trip in a week to England and Ireland.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That selfish argument makes no sense. I think it's good to NOT have kids if you don't want one. Jeez. People really think it's less selfish to have one when you don't want to have one? I don't get it.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

plus we'd much rather have you available for "auntie" duty!

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home