Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pill Pockets rule!

So my friend and co-worker Sue told me about Pill Pockets. They are soft treats that you can squish medicine in for your cat. Since Joey has been so resistent to taking his medicine I thought I would give them a try. The Pill Pocket doesn't hold much. So I actually molded two together and squirted that "yummy-tasting" paste into the pockets. I went into the kitchen and shook Joey's treat container. He came running into the kitchen. I threw down the three pockets. He kinda looked at them and looked up at me. But eventually he ate all three. Curt kept giving me updates as he would eat one.
He should be grateful for the medicine. Because after I found out he weighs almost 17 pounds I have started giving him a lot less treats. But for now if these things work then he will continue to get them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool idea about the pill pockets!
Great pic of Alex too! Hugs -M

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

i'll have to try those too. although for now summer will eat her pills stuck in wet food. I tried to mix some dry food in with it. she literally swished the dry food around in her mouth, sucking off the wet food and spitting the dry food either back in the bowl or on the floor. lovely. :O)

Friday, April 18, 2008 8:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home