Monday, April 14, 2008

Warm weekend

So about noon on Saturday Curt dropped me off at work. I met with one of our patent consultants and talked about some things. And then I was on my own entering info into the database. I am starting to feel more confident about doing this. I am still having my work checked--which is fine with me. But I am feeling better about it.
I finished up at work about 4 p.m. Curt came and picked me up. He asked me if I was hungry. I asked him where he wanted to eat. Oaks Card Club. I was a little reluctant. (Last year when Erica and Casey were visiting Curt and Casey went. Erica and I stayed home and knitted and watched Grey's Anatomy.) Curt and I did no gambling. But we had a drink at the bar. And actually their menu was pretty good. I ordered a burger. And that was probably one of the best burgers I have had. And it was cheap, too.
I have to say I couldn't believe how packed the gambling part was. I mean, it was a gorgeous day and people are inside playing cards. Oh well, whatever.



Here I am scarfing down my burger at Oaks Card Club.

Saturday evening Curt and I watched There Will be Blood. That was a really long movie. Any movie longer than an hour and a half (this one was 2 1/2 hours) really better keep my attention. This one really didn't. It just kinda dragged on and on. There was no real plot to it.
Sunday started off lazy. Then I started cleaning our very messy house. Besides the fact that we needed to clean it we have guests coming on Tuesday. A former co-worker of mine from Salem, Stefanie, and her sister and Stefanie and Aaron's baby son, Alex, are staying with us Tuesday. Joey has been locked out of the spare room since Stefanie gets sneezy around cats. Hopefully she won't feel too bad. And the spare room has been vacuumed and Allergen Febreezed. (When our allergic friend Angela was here last year she did OK. So I hope Stefanie does, too.) So our house is all pretty and clean, mail was looked at, bills paid, laundry done. Bedroom cleaned up.
At one point Curt and I took a walk down College to a sidewalk sale at See Jane Run. Curt had taken a walk earlier and saw they were having a sale. I want a new pair of tennis shoes before we head to England and Ireland in a couple of weeks. I also want some comfy track pants to wear on the plane. My track pants are a little big. I found a pair of shoes on sale. Then the sales woman told me about some pants she loves and are super comfy. I tried them on and was sold right away. I can wear them as comfy pants and to yoga!
After that Curt and I walked home. Oh, before that I stopped at Redhound to buy Joey a birthday present (tomorrow he turns 14). I wanted to get him a catnip carrot. They have been out of those for sometime. So I got him a catnip eggplant. Hope he likes it.
We had sushi for dinner. Curt picked it up and we dined at home.
All in all a pretty good weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

ok that burger is the size of your face! off to pick up my chilis burger now. probably won't be as good especially since i can't have it medium rare!!! plbb....

Monday, April 14, 2008 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

As much as I don't want to I need to watch "There Will Be Blood" again because I watched the entire damned thing and fell asleep at the very end!!! Tom tried to tell me what happened, but I need to see it for myself. GAH!

I like the slot machines!!

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Ann. Thanks for putting up Stefanie, Alex and Teresa tomorrow night. I just spoke with Stefanie this afternoon -- they have been attending the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland since they left Sunday -- and she said Alex has traveled well so far. Here's hoping he is still in a good mood when you meet him tomorrow. He's such a cutie.

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home