Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Debuting my second beanie

My second beanie came out a lot better than the first. I was worried it would be too small and I would have to give it to my little friend Lexie. But it fits me. The next one will be camoflague. Not sure who that will be for. Maybe me again. Or maybe I can set up a little stand at work and sell them. :) I am planning on making one for Curt soon, too. Just in time for summer. :) Since I have been knitting I have never made him anything. Most of the stuff I can make is kinda girlie. And he didn't want a scarf so I have been quite limited in what I can make him ... until now.

The first pic I was barely putting the hat on when Curt snapped the camera. But I thought the pic was funny. And I guess I am willing to put myself out there for some humiliation for the sake of a laugh. I am not stoned in the second pic. I have this habit of closing my eyes when a picture is taken. And the third is just a different angle.

Happy St. Patty's Day

After work last night I met Curt at McNally's for a beer. The place was crowded. I am not a big fan of crowds. I had one beer--Smithwick's--and then was ready to go. Afterward we went home and watched Three Sheets marathon. It's a show on the Mojo channel where this guy named Zane Lamprey goes all over the place to learn about other places' drinking cultures. It is quite entertaining. We watched one where he went to Munich for Oktoberfest. That was pretty cool. And got us excited about going next year for Curt's big birthday celebration.

5 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

dude! i want a beanie! you know for all those winter days we have here in florida! :O)
I still have the fury hat you hand-me-downed before I left for CT. Want it back?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the beanie! You do look stoned in the 2nd pic but very cute! Hugs -M

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! You're a speed beanie maker!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:44:00 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I love beanies - and you look so pretty in those pics, especially the third one. I don't care if your eyes are closed - you have the cutest smile.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger N. Castro said...

OMG I love Three Sheets! And I thought David and I were the only freaks who watched that show! I like that channel in general. London Live is my fave. Did you ever watch this stupid show on there called "King of Miami?" We watched it once and it was super dumb. Then we never saw it again. I wanted to watch it once more so I could make fun of it.

Friday, March 21, 2008 6:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home