Friday, March 14, 2008

Remembering

Yesterday Onyx brought in a counselor for people to talk to about the death of our co-worker. For the first hour we went around the room and said something about him. I didn't know him well. But he was a kind and good man. And I loved hearing things about him I didn't know--the good and the funny. What I forgot to mention when it was my turn was that before I came to Onyx I lived in Phoenix and before he came to Onyx he lived in Scottsdale. So we used to reminisce about the Valley of the Sun. The time we spent with the counselor was so good and healing. I am really glad I went--even if it was emotional. The second hour was saved for anyone who wanted one-on-one time with the counselor.

I found out that my friend Dan's grandma passed away March 1. (Via Facebook no less.) Dan's grandma was a pioneer female journalist. I had the privilege of meeting her. Dan said when she came to visit the Statesman Journal newsroom (in Salem, Ore.) she was so happy to see so many women working in the newsroom. The Chronicle wrote a wonderful obituary on her.

1 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i'm sorry to hear about both of these people. it is so amazing, though, that your workplace takes such good care of the staff. you are very lucky. :)

Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home