Wednesday, March 19, 2008

5 years

Can you believe it has been 5 years since we went to war with Iraq? That's a long time. It makes me sad to think how many people have died since the war began. The U.S. troops, troops from other countries fighting a senseless war, innocent civilians. Almost 4,000 U.S. troops have died. Unfortunately there seem to be no official statistics on Iraqi deaths--but one number I found shows that it is close to 90,000. Is that right? That's insane!!! I found another count close to 2 million. So I really don't know. But it seems to be a lot no matter how you look at it. You can get more stats from this site. I just googled and found this and I realize it is an anti-war site. I am against the war--I have been from Day 1. But I do support the troops. Even though I don't agree with the agenda I have to say those men and women are very brave to go there and risk their lives for our freedom. I wouldn't do it. I would never voluntarily go and if for some reason I were drafted I would move to Canada or something. Now the government is probably tracking my whereabouts and will wonder what I am doing in England and Ireland in April/May.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

don't worry, they already think you are a commie! :O) Besides if you get stuck in Ireland/England not too shabby.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home