Sunday, December 02, 2007

More studying

Just finished doing a little studying. I have two chapters left of the whole course. And I should have no problem getting those done tomorrow. Once done with the whole course I will take a little break (getting ready for my cousin Alex's visit and then his actual visit) and then start to reread the whole course book before I take the final exam.
Onyx is giving all employees off the week between Christmas and New Year's. I have some plans. But for the most part I want to take advantage of that time off and get a good amount of studying in.

So, I didn't think I had anything good to write about on Friday. Then late Friday night I remembered I wanted to blog about it being 3 years of having this blog. Nov. 23, 2004 or so was when I first started blogging. I didn't blog Friday night because I was lazy.

Good Weekend

Friday night I came home and cleaned--not exactly fun--but necessary. Oh, but Curt and I did go out for dinner. Guess where? HA! Sushiya, our fave sushi restaurant.
Saturday morning got up early to hit Target right when they opened. Man, it was cold outside. I actually had ice on my back windshield. Had to use my ice scrapper Ed gave me last year. Target wasn't too bad--except I couldn't seem to find anyone who knew where the tree stands were--they weren't with the Christmas stuff. Finally found out they were in the garden section. This particular Target doesn't have a doorway from the store into the garden center. So I had to pay for all of my stuff and then go to the garden center to buy the stand. The cashier was having problems with her register and we had to go back inside the store. Argh! After Target I hit the gym. And then the dreaded grocery store. Once home had some lunch and then got some keys made (we always seem to have a lot made and lend them to people and then I don't know what happens after that) and had my UA leather wallet fixed by the shoe repair guy who can also make keys. My wallet has been falling apart for years. I have had it since in college. So it is more than 10 years old! After all that I came home and put up the Christmas decorations (everything but our stockings and, of course, the tree). The lights look good. I love the blue twinkle lights. I bought some icicle lights for the house, too. I am happy with them.
We had some friends over last night to watch the Mizzou/Oklahoma game. Mizzou didn't do so hot. But they will still get in a decent bowl game (that Curt and I are talking about maybe attending). We had Jim, Jennifer and Phil over last night. I made my oven "fried" chicken. And Jim made a spicy green bean dish and a red potato dish. Both were really good.
Today I hit Old Navy and Banana for Friends & Family. Found some good deals. Then to the gym and then home. Got my studying and laundry done (tho. now I must do the dreaded folding).
Hope you all had a good weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
Wow! You had a busy weekend.I can't believe that you only have 2 chapters left of your course. I know that you still need to go over the whole thing and then take the final but you have progressed quickly. I made the tamales today.
Guess what we are having for dinner? Nice talking to you last night. Say hi to Curt. -Mama

Monday, December 03, 2007 3:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home