Saturday, November 17, 2007

Way too early

Today while driving around I noticed that one of my preset stations in the car is playing back-to-back Christmas music. Now I love the holiday cheer and all that. But we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet. I don't feel Christmasy yet--but apparently it is going to be shoved down my throat whether I like it or not. I also noticed a Christmas tree lot is going up. No trees yet. I suspect they will be there next Friday. How can people keep their tree "alive" that long? Curt and I went to the Gap today for their friends & family sale. They were playing Christmas music, too. I asked about that. The cashier told us that a few years ago they just started with the Christmas "cheer" right after Halloween since I guess you don't really buy gifts for people at Thanksgiving. Which maybe we should change that. What do you think?

I am typing this post on our new iMac that we just got yesterday. Curt set it all up today. We have this beautiful flat screen monitor and this tiny keyboard that I am still getting used to. I am actually supposed to be taking Chapter 15 quiz online. I am procrastinating. There are so many more fun things to do than take a quiz.

Curt and I hit the Gap sale this evening and then hit our favorite sushi place to get take-away. We had a yummy dinner. Yes, and I had sushi for lunch yesterday. I could eat it every day.

OK, I must get the quiz over with.
Hope you are all having a good weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

The lady across the park from Nana and Poppy was putting her tree up when we were there the week after Halloween. It literally blew my mind. But I guess if you go all out with the decorations, at least you get to enjoy them longer? I dunno - I can't get it together to even put sweats in an Anthropologie sack right now to get us all out the door.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 2:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Gap!

Yes, it is WAY too early for Christmas music. They are playing it here, too. My neighbor has decorations up already. I think we should at least wait until after Thanksgiving, which came earlier this year anyway.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home