Thursday, July 05, 2007

I'm off ... a bit

Well, it was a weird day getting started today.
Having a day off in the middle of the week totally threw me off. I tried to get up early this morning to attend a WW meeting before work (our regular Wed. meeting was canceled at work because of the holiday). Tried and failed to get up early. There was no having me do that, NO SIR!
Then while getting ready this morning I kept dropping things. First the deodorant (luckily the cap was still on), then my foundation tube went right into the sink and then that little applicator thing for eye shadow and yes, the sink was wet!
It felt like a Monday coming into work. But the great part is, nope not Monday ... Thursday!
We attended a barbecue at our friends' Mia and Todd's place (and Lexie and Coop). Todd was an awesome grillmaster. It was a great BBQ. The weather was gorgeous, well, until it started getting cold. Yes, most of you were melting (in Arizona) and I made sure I brought my sweatshirt jacket so I wouldn't get cold. And I actually needed it. I brought a really yummy fruit salad (which was quite popular). Great fruit right now: strawberries, cantalope, grapes, raspberries and blueberries. I took some pics. Will share later.
Afterward Curt and I came home and relaxed. No fireworks for us. I watched the latest episode of Big Love and then we ordered a movie from Pay-Per-View. If you like confusing movies with lots of shooting, blood and violence then this movie is for you. It was a little too confusing for me. And it was rather bloody. But Jeremy Piven did a great job. Though I love his character in Entourage much better.
Oh, before the barbecue and fruit salad making I hit the gym (and Old Navy--I had to buy some shorts that actually fit). I did this crazy machine called the Arc Trainer. I was kinda excited to try it. It was weird at first, but I got in the groove.

Oh, and remember how I thought birds or something were eating our tomatoes. Not the case. There is some tree that hangs over our garden plot with some green little things growing on it that fall down and animals eat whatever they are.

3 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

She didn't mention the title of the crazy movie we watched, which was 'Smokin' Aces.'

She's indeed off.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I liked that movie. It was really disturbing, especially the close-ups of Piven but he did a great job!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

I almost brought the Internet down singlehandedly after watching that movie, by Googling Alicia Keys.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home