Sunday, July 01, 2007

Long time, no blog

... For me anyway.
First, check out this pic of our tomato:


There are a few more on some of the other tomato plants. We are gonna be overwhelmed with tomatoes soon!

Admin off-site

The off-site was Wednesday and part of Thursday. It was a really great session. We learned a lot about each other and ourselves. Onyx focuses a lot on values. So a lot of our talks were also focused on values. Thursday we had to come up with 3 personal values and share our feelings about them. It was very emotional and heartfelt. We learned things about each other we would have otherwise not known. It made us understand each other better and have a better idea of where people are coming from. It definitely made me feel so much more connected to these women and know that we can trust each other. It was truly an amazing experience. Over the past few days I have thought a lot about the things we shared.
I did not go back to work on Thursday. Some did. I don't know how they could. I was emotionally drained.
I took some cool pics from my hotel room Thursday morning.

Day for me

I took Friday off as a mental health day. I had to attend a WW meeting at a center this week because I missed my WW at work Wednesday since I was at the off-site. After the meeting I came home, had some breakfast and headed to the city. I got my engagement ring cleaned (have to do that every 6 months for warranty purposes) and hit Nordstrom for my Clinique. I had some extra time to kill so I got a Starbucks drink and sat in the food court area and people watched. After that I walked to Curt's work and met him for lunch. We hit a little deli for sandwiches and headed back to the office and ate.
I came back home and relaxed for a bit. Then headed to the gym for a yoga class. Curt worked really late Friday because of the sale of that dumb iPhone! So I had the evening to myself.

Saturday

I took another yoga class. That one was a little tougher. Today I am slightly sore from it. I came home and Curt headed to work for about an hour. I watched Parenthood. Man, I love that movie! Then I took a nap. I love naps! I always wonder why little ones resist them so much. Curt and I had dinner at our favorite sushi place--Sushiya. Man, I love sushi. I could eat it every day. Afterward we had a drink at McNally's.

Today is all about lounging. At some point I have to drag Joey to Petsmart to get his nails trimmed. No one enjoys that--except for Curt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home