Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July

and some tomato pics for your viewing pleasure:
I put my hand next to the biggest tomato we have so you could see how "BIG" it is. When I was out there this morning taking pics I noticed a few tomatoes on the ground. And then some more that looked like they had been munched on. I am not sure if I should be upset or not since we are gonna be swarmed by tomatoes shortly.
We also have a cat using our garden as a toilet and I don't appreciate that one bit. So I am going to red pepper flake the area and hopefully that cat will use a more appropriate toilet.










3 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

How much longer before the tomatoes are ready to be plucked?

Last summer, shortly after I moved into my house, there was dog poop all over my front plants. And I think the dogs were peeing on my flowers too, which made them die. Anyway, I did that red pepper thing. I thought it worked, but Kujo (S's dog) just sniffs it up and doesn't care.

The poo did go away though. So maybe it works for most dogs/animals.

Hope you had a good Fourth!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Ergh - I hate kitty litter box gardening. Especially unexpected near the "hand area." UGH!!

Fried green tomatoes - YUM!!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Not sure when the tomatoes will be ready to eat. It should be soon. I will ask my Master Gardener MIL. Curt's mom did tell him the other day that the tomatoes will turn a lighter green right before they turn red.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home