Monday, June 25, 2007

Pride Not Prejudice

I went to San Francisco's Pride Parade yesterday with my friend Mia. We met up with her friend Amber, too.
The Parade was a blast. Kinda long and a little unorganized. But it was so cool to see all the different groups showing support. It made me so happy to see so many people there--all kinds of people: friends, families, gays, straights, etc.
So Mia and I got to the parade about 11:30. Eventually her friend Amber joined us. When the parade was winding down we went to the "party." There were booths to purchase items, food, people dressed up in whatever they felt like or didn't. There were some naked people there--well, I guess they weren't naked, they had shoes on. And these weren't the kind of people you want to see naked. There was one guy with a top hat, some fishnet looking things on his legs and rollerblades and nothing else.
We had lunch at a museum. There was outdoor seating. We basked in the sun, enjoyed our lunch and beers and people watched. It was a great place to sit around and watch.
Afterward we did some more walking around. We went to the "music" areas and danced a little bit. (At one point a guy ran up to me and told me that was his alma mater--I was wearing an Arizona Basketball cap. We chatted a bit. He graduated the same year I did.)
After a little dancing I headed home--I was pooped. Mia and Amber headed to a graduation party.
Here is a link to pics. WARNING: There are scantically clad people in some pics and some butts in some other pics. For the most part the pics are tame. Enjoy!

Yoga

I attended a yoga class at a gym near work with Mia and Terri on Friday after work. (Mia is already a member of the gym. And Terri and I want to join. Onyx has a Wellness Program where they pay you $25 a month to join gym, yoga studio, etc. So joining this gym will be super cheap for me. And they have classes I want to take and I can work out there on the weekends.) Anyway, that yoga class kicked my butt. I enjoyed it while there and then the next 2 days I was sore. I was so sore Saturday. Thank goodness for Aleve.

Saturday

Saturday I hit the gym and did the elliptical. (I have a one-week pass before I sign up for a membership.) Came home, showered, had lunch and ran an errand. Then later that day we attended a barbecue that our friends' Jacob and Aileen were hosting. I brought my own portobello mushroom to grill. Man, it was so good! Curt also got to play Wii bowling. It was pretty cool. At first I didn't get what the big deal is. But after watching it, it is pretty cool. And it gets kids off the couch. What an amazing idea!
Saturday evening we headed to Jim and Jennifer's to see their new place in Alameda. They have a great apartment looking over a lake. It's really cool. We headed to the Sushi House for dinner. I have heard this place is really good. I was so excited. We get there and there are a ton of people waiting. So we stuck around for a couple of minutes and then ended up at Applebee's. It was fine--they have a WW menu so I could easily calculate my points. And the Cajun Lime Tilapia I had was really good. Afterward we headed back to their place for dessert. Jennifer had gotten some SF vanilla ice cream with strawberries and she made a chocolate sauce from the WW cookbook. It was so yummy and low points. I am gonna try the chocolate sauce myself. YUM!

So, it was a good weekend. And now back to work ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I've been attending yoga classes the last couple of week and love them. The one instructor is great! I so look forward to her class!

Monday, June 25, 2007 6:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home