Sunday, August 14, 2011

Good genes


After the gym on Thursday night I hit BevMo. I got some Spanish beer and wine for a paella party Curt and I attended last night.
I was carded as I was making my purchase. I have a hard time getting my license out of wallet. The cashier told me it was fine and leaned over to look at the date. I pointed out the '74.
Of course that created a conversation with the cashier, the guy bagging my booze and me. The two guys went on and on at how young I looked and that I have good genes, blah, blah, blah.
My grandpa is about to turn 90. He doesn't look 90. He still lives in his house, drives (really slow) and goes to the veteran's bar every afternoon to have a couple of Miller High Life's with his buddies. My mom's grandma died on her 96th birthday. Granita was healthy until about 92 or so when she fell and broke her shoulder. At the time she was still living alone.
Those who know me know I don't want to get old. I haven't figured out how I am going to prevent that.
****
Last night Curt and I went over to my friend Pam's house for a paella party. Pam's paella is pictured above. It was delicious. This was the third spin party of the year. I have become good friends with a group of women (and a few men) in my Saturday spin class and we have started hanging out. They are a fun group. They all are the main reason I haven't quit the gym yet. Because of my work commute and the fact that I have a gym at work and attend the neighborhood yoga studio and only go to 4-6 classes a month at the gym I have seriously contemplated quitting the gym. But the Saturdays keep me going ...
Anyway, the party was fun. Amazing food, good wine, a little dancing, a lot of eating. Just a good, fun time.
Today I hit the yoga studio. After that I met Curt for brunch. Then home for a nap and have been pretty much lazy since.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The paella looks amazing!

Alicia

Sunday, August 14, 2011 11:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger anosh said...

Cleaning company with her father
Often, many customers try to find companies with confidence and experience in cleaning. A cleaning company with a skilled mother has the experience and confidence that the customer can put his house in their hands. A cleaning company provides all the cleaning services for the home and institutions with high quality and high level that suits the customer
شركة تنظيف بأبها

Friday, December 15, 2017 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Enthusiasm Quotes said...

very amazing and interesting post, thank you for sharing
Famous Positive Quotes
Positive Life Quotes
Gym Quotes
Quotes Words
Future Quotes
Successful People
Image Bank
Smile Quotes
Xyore
حكم واقوال

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home