Monday, July 18, 2011

Meat Lover's Supreme Grillin'

Our weekend was pretty low-key. Lately I have been more than happy to keep them that way. I need my vegg time as getting up at 5 a.m. during the week really takes its toll on me.
Curt went with a bunch of buddies to the city on Saturday for a soccer match and some eats and drinks. So I got some alone time to just hang out. I finished watching the rest of the season of Parenthood. Man, that is a good show. I also watched Hereafter, where wasn't as weird and bizarre as I thought it would be.
On Sunday we headed to Monica and Malcolm's for a cookout. I planned to grill a portobello and use a Sandwich Thin as my bread. Curt had defrosted some venison burger. I started thinking that I wanted to try the venison burger. So I had one. And wow, that was good. Better than a beef burger. And I like a good burger.
Pretty much everyone who showed up brought some sort of meat. After the venison I tried some lamb, beef, pork and beef again. I think my father-in-law would be so proud.
I did have a couple of grilled veggies and brie to balance it all out. Oh, and don't forget the wine.
It was a good time and a great way to end the weekend.
I started my Monday (once at work) by dumping most of my coffee into my lap. Luckily I was wearing tan pants, so the coffee pretty much blended in once it dried.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Venison burger sounds good! Speaking of burgers, I am meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow at a place called Monkey Burger! Will let you know how it is. Hugs -M

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Should I buy another deer blind? Sounds like Curt and I may to make room for another hunter.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home