Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy #*%$!!!!

This afternoon we had a decent sized earthquake hit. I yelled out a profanity or two and took the Lord's name in vain. It is hard describe what an earthquake feels like. They aren't all alike. Once Curt and I experienced a rolling earthquake at home, which was probably the freakiest for me.
Today it felt like someone dropped something really heavy on top of our building and then the building shook. There was a boom and a shake.
It was first reported as a 3.8, but downgraded to a 3.7. The 'quake was pretty close to my new office in South San Francisco, which is also near the San Francisco airport.

ShedRain rocks!

In the Sunday travel section of the Chronicle a gear item is always reviewed. Sometime last year I read about a compact umbrella, which is great for travel. It is made to take the wind pretty well yet will still blow inside out, but pop right back in place and not be damaged.
I bought one last year and it worked really well until a piece of it broke and I couldn't get it to stay open. Of course, I took forever to return it. I finally did about three weeks ago and I received a package back today: a brand new umbrella! If you live somewhere windy and rainy, this is the umbrella for you. And ShedRain is based in Portland. I should have told them I would stop by and pick it up. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

This is my favorite sentence of the day: "I yelled out a profanity or two and took the Lord's name in vain."

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

Not that I take joy in you experiencing an earth quake! :)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Jen, your comment made me laugh. As long as it isn't the big one I think it is OK to take joy. :)

Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home