Monday, April 04, 2011

First Day of School!

That's kinda what today felt like.
I drove to my old work building and stood outside with some of my co-workers waiting for the shuttle to drive us to our new building in South San Francisco.
The new building is GORGEOUS! I thought Onyx was fancy before. Heck no! This is a whole other dimension.
I never even took the whole tour. I saw most of the fourth floor--which is the floor I sit on. And I saw a good portion of the first--spent some time in our swanky cafeteria where there are THREE kinds of hot sauce provided: Tabasco, Tapatio and Rooster sauce. In the cafeteria, which will also be used for Town Hall meetings, there were projector screens and TVs hanging around with CNN, morning shows and soaps. We just looked at the gym through the window of the door. That looks pretty amazing as well. The Board Room has a 103 inch TV. It's HUGE. I poked my head in there and was so excited to see it.
Tomorrow I plan to do some more walking around and scope out the 2nd and 3rd floors.
Somehow I ended up with a really nice cube--which really isn't a cube, but more like an area. I am near a window. There is so much natural light, it's great. I had many people coming by jealous of my cube. I just lucked out and got a good spot.
I am still not excited about the commute. The ride there only took about 30 minutes. The ride back to Emeryville took about an hour--which is gonna screw with my 6:30 p.m. spin class. It will be trial and error for the next week or two.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new job site sounds terrific!
I am glad that you have this great opportunity. You have some great reasons(10) why this is a very good thing for you. Hugs -M

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 2:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home