Friday, April 08, 2011

Survived my first week as a commuter

As the shuttle today was pulling in front of the Emeryville building to drop us off someone announced, we survived the first week!
The commutes this week have varied from not so bad to slightly annoying. Nothing major yet.
I love the building, my work area and all the amenities provided. The location just sucks. And commuting, bleh! Most of my adult life I have had very short commutes. When we were in Phoenix for about a year and a half I had a 15-mile commute to work. But it was for second shift--so the traffic wasn't that bad. But I have pretty much lived within 5 miles of work when I lived in Oregon, a good portion of my time in Phoenix and here in the Bay Area for the past six years.
I still can't believe I have been making the 6:45 a.m. shuttles most of this week.
And the other thing, I am finding it difficult to get my work done in just 8 hours. (I am used of working much longer hours when my commute was just 15 minutes and about 4 miles.) But I am working on my time management. (Also, my exercise is totally messed up. Hope to get a routine going next week.)
I got a surprise yesterday/today at work. I got a call from the front desk at the Emeryville building that I had a delivery. They were supposed to redeliver at my new work address. But I got a call later from the florist. They asked if I lived in the East Bay as they would redeliver to my house. So I came home today to some beautiful flowers from Ed and Marilyn sending me good wishes at my new work office. So sweet. I am really touched that they did that. Thanks, guys!
A few photos are here of my new office. I am sure I will take more and post them at some point.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great view from your work area!
Hope the shuttle continues to work for you! That was terrific of the Poffs to send flowers...twice!
Hugs -M

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

I love the photos -- it does look like a really nice new office. :)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home