Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy non-garden day!

On Friday work let the employees leave at 1 to start their weekends early. I have a lot of work to get done before I go on vacation in a little less than three weeks. I worked until about 3 and then brought some work home with me and lounged the rest of the day.
I felt like I might be coming down with something. But also thought it could be allergies.
When I woke up Saturday I definitely had some sort of chest cold, cough thing going on. I decided it was a bad idea to go to the gym. (And just the other day I blogged about how I haven't been sick in a little more than a year ...)
Curt had to work Saturday because of the release of the iPad. So I went into the office for about four hours to get some stuff done. It was quiet and no interruptions.
After I came home I relaxed and watched some movies and knitted. I am now on my third hat for the troops.
Normally on Easter Curt and I plant our garden. We didn't today because of the buckets of rain. So hopefully next Sunday. Kinda a bummer. But I think I likely wouldn't have been too useful with this damn chest cold.
Today Curt and I went to REI to pick up a few things for our upcoming trip. After that we had lunch at this place called Sea Salt in Berkeley. Their menu is quirky--but so yummy.
That outing had me worn out. So I came home and took a nap.
Oh, the real excitement of the weekend was Skyping with Mom and Fred. We bought them a cheap little camera for their computer. My stepsister's husband helped them get Skype on their computer and hook up the camera.
Now I am ready to eat some soup and watch some Lifetime movies. That's a good evening. I think in a little bit we are gonna watch District 9.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great "chatting and seeing" you on the web cam yesterday. I was pretty excited about it! I never thought that I would be able to talk AND see you on the computer. Gosh, I kinda feel like Dick Tracy and his special watch!
Hugs -M

Monday, April 05, 2010 5:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home