Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wine tasting, beer tasting kind of weekend


So Friday morning about 9:30 in the morning a limo came to work to pick me and my fellow Legal team members and whisk us up to Napa for the day.
The Legal department had their very first offsite. It was a great bonding experience.
On the drive up I handed out the little goodie bags Amy and I put together for everyone. They were a hit. Everyone got a bottle of water, Slim Jims, Pringles, trail mix and granola bars.
Let me just say, this was the first time I had ever gone wine tasting and dumped some of my wine. I have NEVER done that ... until Friday. Since it was a work function I didn't want to get drunk. We have a couple of light weights in the group--so I did partake in some of their unwanted tastes.
We first hit Cakebread Cellars for some wine tasting and a tour. We learned some cool stuff and tasted some yummy wines. (The above photo is of me at Cakebread. The lighting and the angle make me look really skinny. I am not that skinny--no worries!)
After Cakebread we hit Brix for lunch. We had some super yummy appetizers. I stuck with water as my beverage. I had amazing steak fries and this awesome burger. Definitely a fuu-fuu burger. I wanted something hearty to eat since there would be more wine drinking.
After lunch we headed to Mumm, which has sparkling wine. Super yummy. I tried two sparkling reds.
And our last stop was Peju. We did a wine tasting there. I bought a bottle of Provence. It was quite yummy. The Fifty/Fifty was awesome, but also 85 bucks. Let's just say I didn't do any dumping of that wine.
On the way back to the office we did a little work talk. Some projects were discussed. We also talked about reality TV, our families, friends, past experiences, etc. It was a good time to hang out and get to know each other even better.
Saturday I hit the gym for my regular 2-hour workout.
About 2 Jacob and Aileen picked us up and we headed to the Winter Brews Festival. We tried all different types of beer. I tried a sour beer and it was sour. I do like sour--but I couldn't imagine drinking a whole glass. I tried a cherry beer, which was pretty good. The bacon brown was hmmm ... different. I had a really delicious flat bread. Man, that was good.
The weather was beautiful and sunny. We had a great time hanging out.
Saturday night we met our friends John & Nicole and Nancy for sushi at Sushiya. Dinner was delicious. And ... Nicole is pregnant. We had no idea!
Today I hit the grocery and did some end of the year shredding. Trying to get our spare room back into shape again. (That is an ongoing battle.)
Between shredding there was lounging and watching movies on Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network.
Now I am watching Big Love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jamie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, February 01, 2010 9:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. But I especially loved to hear about your
off site "work day" in Napa Valley!
Hugs -M

Monday, February 01, 2010 5:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home