Wednesday, January 06, 2010

My newest obsession ...

is a Clorox Bleach Pen.
I remember when they first came out years ago ... I bought one or two from Target. I realized they were great for laundry whites and some clean up.
Now fast forward to recently. I saw them at Target again (they seem to have disappeared for some time) and bought two. One for the laundry room and one for cleaning.
One of the chores I hate the most is cleaning the tub and shower. It is so hard to do. And the grout in our shower is tough to keep clean. No matter how hard I scrub some of that grout just looks gross. And sometimes the scrubbing creates the grout to fall out.
The other evening (Monday I believe) I decided to take the bleach pen to the grout. (I had scrubbed the tub and walls and grout over the weekend.) It's like a miracle. Looks so clean and good. Some of it is still impossible to clean. But it looks so much better than before. I do sections at night and in the mornings before work.
I thought about taking before and after pictures. Because it is almost unbelievable how amazing it looks after.
See now that I am not working a zillion hours a day I get to do things like this when I get home and share it with you. Aren't you glad?
By they way I am at Day 3 with better work/life balance. Making sure I take some sort of lunch break and not work too late. So far so good.
Tonight after making dinner, eating it, bleaching some grout, getting my work clothes and gym bag ready I also got to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Cute movie. I loved the book as a kid.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate cleaning that too! i love the tip about using the bleach pen. thanks for sharing.

alicia

Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked to hear that you were doing well with your work/life balance. That is so important to your well being. Keep up the good work! Hugs -M

Friday, January 08, 2010 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Our grout isn't looking too good so I am going to try this.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home