Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wonderful weekend wrapup

My birthday was a good day. Funny thing is most years I expect the day to feel like it did when I was a kid. And it never does. This year that thought crossed my mind. But I knew it wouldn't feel that way. And, of course, it didn't. And a few times I forgot it was my birthday. I am not complaining because it was a good day. I feel very lucky to have the family and friends that I do.
Friday morning was a loungy one. Curt went to work. Mom, Fred and I headed to breakfast. Then after breakfast Fred did his own thing and Mom and I took off for our girls' day. We did some shopping. (Great sales at Old Navy.) Then before our mani/pedis had cocktails and appetizers. After that we had our mani/pedis, then a little more shopping and then home. After Curt got home we headed to Sushiya for dinner. Then once home we watched videos from our recent trip and then I opened my gifts. Also we watched The Office--which was great!
Saturday was another lazy day. Mom did some cooking to prepare for our party. We had close friends come over for good greasy, Mexican eats prepared by Mom! (Chicken flautas, rice and beans. YUM!!!) It was a good time. I also had a chili pinata, which I filled with candy, skull and spider rings and little bottles of booze. That was a hit.
Today we were pretty lazy. Lots of lounging; watching TV and movies; eating cheese and salami and drinking wine; heading to McNally's for drinks, then home for home-cooked tacos by Mom, again.
I am now trying to recover from all the grease I have consumed. It is always kinda sad on Sunday nights ... cuz tomorrow is Monday and back to work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful weekend too!
Thanks for your hospitality!Hugs -M

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home