Friday, September 18, 2009

Walking tour of Prague

I think it was in March that we booked a walking tour with Eva. She met us at our hotel. I highly recommend this type of private tour, and especially with Eva. Her knowledge of history, buildings, sites, places guide books can't and don't tell you.
She figured we would be together for six hours. Curt and I thought that was kind of long. But we ended up parting with her at 4 p.m. and she picked us up at 10.
My calves and one of my knees is hurting. But it was a great walking tour. We went to Baroque Garden and saw amazing views of the city. She gave us the history of many of the buildings, parts of town--Old Town, New Town, Lesser Town, the Jewish area, which has the oldest Synagoue in use (in Europe I believe)--700 years. Amazing.
The history here is just amazing. And she was very open to talk about Communism.
Eva took us to a real Czech restuarant where locals go--no tourists. The menu was all in Czech.
She took us to the village area behind the castle and we ended up at a Monastery where we had the best beer, according to Eva. I think she may be right.
Oh, Eva said she knew a Chihak or Cihak. Cool!
Tomorrow Curt and I will take it easy, do some lounging, see a few sites, buy some souveniers, etc. Then Sunday afternoon we head to Vienna where we will meet Catherine and David for dinner. Then Monday is off to Munich for Oktoberfest.
I hope to post photos tomorrow--maybe head to the "Internet Free WiFi" place across the street and post photos uploaded in iPhoto.
Today was a long and kinda hard day (all that walking) so I am going to sign off and head to bed.
Good night. (Or good day to most of you.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The walking tour sounds fantastic!
I would of loved to see that ancient synagogue! Keep eating and drinking! Hugs -M

Friday, September 18, 2009 2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home