Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


I meant to post this earlier today. But today ended up being a busy day (see below). Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and moms-to-be-out there.
I feel very lucky to have the mom I do. She made many sacrifices for my brother and me (especially while she was a single mom). I will never forget that. My mom is the best example of a great mom.
Check out what I made our moms and Grandmas for Mother's Day.
On behalf of moms and moms-to-be Curt and I made a donation to Brighter Beginnings, which gives new mothers the support and resources needed to give their child a strong start in life.
Hope everyone had a good day.

New car

So this weekend was the first weekend Curt and I went looking for new cars. Our lease is up next month on the Volvo and we decided we didn't want to buy it.
Yesterday, we looked at Nissan Muranos. I wasn't a 100% sold on them. Today we went to Subaru. We test drove a Forester and an Outback. I was leaning toward the Forester. But factors weighed out and we decided on the Outback.
I said I didn't want to buy a car today. And what did I do? I bought a car today. Even though I was hesitant to buy the car today I am very excited about our brand new Subaru Outback. (I am a little sad to say goodbye to the Volvo--but it was almost 4 years old and was starting to have issues.)
After our purchase we went out to celebrate with some food and drinks. Especially since we were at the dealership for almost 5 hours. And we were at the Nissan dealership for about 3 hours yesterday. So the house definitely got neglected this weekend. Oh well.
Wanna see pics of our new car?

It is so sporty and fun! And its AWD, so no worry about putting chains on when we go to Tahoe in the winter.
Are we yuppies or what?

8 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

So earlier in the post you said you bought a forester?? but you actually got an outback? sweet! welcome to the club!

Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

oh and jason and i were wondering, is it Mother's Day or Mothers' Day?

Isn't it the day of all mothers?

Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

oh and thank you soooo much for the mothers' day card!! i love it!

Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yea, Curt just found my typo. We did get an Outback. Fixed! Thanks!
It is Mother's Day. Not sure why. Maybe a much savvier copy editor can answer that.
And you are so welcome! My card probably doesn't compare to Dashiell's. :)

Sunday, May 10, 2009 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Yes. Ann will be correcting her post soon.

Turns out Outbacks are priced very close to the Forrester. We just got a better lease deal on the Outback. Ike at Downtown Subaru. If you're in the market, go see him. ;)

Sunday, May 10, 2009 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

What a cute car! And, thank you for the lovely card and thoughtful donation.

My word verification is partio...I think that means you should have a party on your patio in celebration of your new car!

Monday, May 11, 2009 4:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new car! Looks pretty yuppy! Enjoy it! Those were very nice words about your Mom!!!!
Hugs -M

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Penny said...

Erica -- I love the word partio! I think that should become part of our normal vocabulary.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home