Thursday, April 02, 2009

What a (bleep)!!!!

So lately about, mmmm, three to four times a week I get a call on my cell phone with a recording that the warranty on my car is about to expire.
The number is different every single time. Usually I just hang up. Today I listened to the whole thing so that I could talk to someone about getting off the list.
I hit 1 to talk to someone. They answer the phone asking if I want to renew my warranty. I nicely say, no, I want you guys to stop calling me. I hear a rustling noise and then a click!
(I just called the last number back to see what would happen. I got a busy signal.)
I have no idea who the company is to complain about them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Aaron said...

I get those all the time on my work cell and just the other day at home. Same thing happened to me -- they hung up. I'm sure they do that so you can't ask them to stop calling. There is a special place in hell for telephone scammers/spammers like them.

Friday, April 03, 2009 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Are you registered with the cell phone Do Not Call registry? I wonder if that would help.

Friday, April 03, 2009 7:50:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

i get that same thing! it's been less since i have my new phone, but it's still the same number. odd.

Saturday, April 04, 2009 9:50:00 AM  
Anonymous jodie said...

I had this problem months ago. I ignored all numbers that I didn't recognize. They called from all different states, which sometimes tricks me, but I figure if it's someone I know, I would already have their number.

If you answer, all it does it reinforce that it's a working number. The calls stopped after a few weeks and I haven't gotten any since.

Saturday, April 04, 2009 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home