Sunday, December 28, 2008

The past few days

have been low-key and a little lazy.
Christmas morning was easy going. About 11:30 we headed to Dad and Hilda's. A little after 2 we left their place and headed to a church in North Beach where we served (with many other volunteers) dinner to those who needed it or were lonely or for whatever reason they came that day for a warm place to eat. I was a busser and server. I ended up chatting with the couple a couple of times. They were so interesting and highly intelligent. After talking to them I have started looking at things a little differently. I am a person who believes we need to help others. If you have the ability--whether time and/or money it is your duty as a human being to do so. I feel that way about people who need a little extra help. But something interesting the couple pointed out was they don't get as much help as immigrants who come over to this country--whether legally or illegally. I am for immigrant rights. I don't think people who cross a desert should be punished or people who come over here on a boat should be sent back, I think they should be helped. But we have to remember to help the people who are already here, too. Those are my 2 cents on that subject.
The rest of our Christmas evening was lazy, watching a marathon called Dogtown and also watching Finding Nemo. Mine! Mine! Mine!
Friday I decided to be lazy and not go to the gym. I did get some stuff done around the house. Started James' birthday present--hat. Jim and Jennifer came over a little after 4 and we headed to Art's Crab Shak for dinner. Had a great crab feast. Then we had a drink at McNally's and then back to our place to hang out.
Saturday I did go to spin; abs/core; and body conditioning. I hit Michaels afterward for those after Christmas sales. Not much to pick from--but that's OK. We don't have much room. After Michaels hit the pet store for some litter. The 50-pound bag ripped and spilled into the trunk and parking lot. What fun! The rest of Saturday was lazy with movie watching and knitting.
Today I ran a few errands this morning. Some more movie watching, a little house cleaning (Sue and Alicia are coming over tomorrow for lunch and knitting) and I started making my first preemie hat for the Oakland Children's Hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home