Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry Cheesemas 2008

Curt and I had a fun-filled party weekend.
Onyx's holiday party, excuse me Winter Party, was Friday night at the Intercontinental Hotel in San Francisco. Gorgeous hotel. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious and the DJ played great music (except for the songs I didn't seem to know but everyone else did--made me feel old). I danced so much my butt and legs hurt the next day.
I took just a few pics, which I will post ... some day.
The photographer was cool. You got your pic right away--until their printer broke down. So I got the pic of Curt and me right away. The ones I took with others I will have to wait for.
After the party was over Curt and I along with some co-workers and their spouses went to the hotel bar and had a drink and hung out. It was a lot of fun.
We stayed that night at the hotel. Beautiful hotel rooms.

Saturday was Monica's cocktail party. She had yummy munchies and everyone brought cocktails. We brought sparkling wine. Had some fun conversations and a good time.

Yesterday Curt and I hosted Cheesemas 2008. Phil and Lisa and Curt and I started this tradition three years ago. We had others over and ate lots of cheese and watched cheesy holiday movies, which were Creature Comforts, The Christmas Shoes and, its sequel, A Christmas Blessing. Both starring Rob Lowe. We had a great group of people over who provided catty and awesome commentary to the movies. Eventually I was in a cheese coma. Hopefully all that dancing I did Friday night allowed me to over induldge in the cheese like I did.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.Your Cheesemas party is a great idea!
Hugs -M

Monday, December 15, 2008 4:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob Lowe Christmas movies! Hahahahaha -- thanks, that gave me a smile.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Cheesemas idea!

Did the company pay for the hotel room, too?!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

No, we paid for our own room. But we did get it at a discounted rate.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home