Friday, October 10, 2008

A true leader

Nope, not talking about Bill Clinton or Nelson Mandela or Madeleine Albright. I am talking about Curt Poff.
Yesterday at work there was a meeting and then some awards were given out. Curt received the Leadership Award. (Apparently he was nominated for all three awards that were given out.) I am very proud of Curt and am elated that the people above him recognize his hardwork and talents. Also, Curt is not in a management position, so I think the award means even more.
Congrats again Curt!

Good birthday

Thank you to the many well-wishers via e-mail, Facebook, ecards, phone calls, texts, etc.
And I have to say I was a very lucky girl to get so many great gifts. People were so kind and generous. I got two handmade items, which I absolutely love. Appropriate thank-you cards will be going out in the mail soon.
I had a nice day off from work yesterday. I went shopping in the morning. Jessica, I have replaced you with Ralph--Ralph Lauren sunglasses that is, and they are much better! I met Mia for lunch. She brought me some beautiful sweetheart roses. After lunch I did a little more shopping. Then off to the best massage ever. I mean, I seriously think that was the best massage I have ever gotten. I go to a little day spa called Bellissima Day Spa. Han, who has given me mani/pedis before had never given me a massage before. Apparently massages are pretty new for her. But man, next time I am asking for her!
After I got my jelly self home after the massage I showered and did a little knitting. Curt came home. I opened all of my gifts.
Then we headed to Sushiya for dinner with Monica. I went to pull my wallet out to pay Monica for my Wicked ticket she got got me for the show in May!!!! And no wallet. I was a little disturbed by that. Wallet found--it ended up falling out of my purse onto the passenger seat of the car. Whew!
We came home and watched The Office while I ate a Skinny Cow. So, good birthday!

Anniversaries

October is a big month of celebrations for me. My birthday. Today is my 3-year anniversary as a full-time employee at Onyx. And in two weeks Curt and I will be celebrating our 5-year anniversary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Curt! We are very proud of him! Glad that you had a terrific birthday! Hugs -M

Friday, October 10, 2008 11:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, three years at Onyx already? I keep thinking you were just at the Republic, like, last year.

Happy belated birthday! :-)

Monday, October 13, 2008 11:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home