Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I have a question

So where was the government when I had credit card bills like crazy and school loans to pay?
Yes, some of my credit card bill spending was frivilous. But most of it wasn't. There were a lot of times I would think, Thank gawd grocery stores take credit cards.
And I was "lucky" for the school loans I did qualify for. Even though I paid for EVERTHING (rent, food, tuition, books, car insurance [when I had a car--at one point I sold my car because I could no longer afford the insurance], etc.) I still had to submit on my school loan application my mom's salary. And "lucky" ??? for me my mom didn't make a whole lot.
I was fortunate that my mom worked at the University of Arizona, which means I got a tuition discount and a book discount, if my mom shopped with me.
I may have had high credit cards bills. But I NEVER missed a payment.
Thanks for listening to my rant.

I promise to post more pics from our Portland trip and write about all the fun stuff we did. I am sorry we didn't get to see everyone we know who lives in Salem and Portland. We weren't even in town for 48 hours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya, Ann. I was watching the John Adams miniseries and a bit of the West Wing this weekend, feeling all warm and fuzzy about politics.

Then I caught a bit of the news, talking about a $7,500 tax credit for first-time home buyers, and the government switching all the ARM people to a lower-rate fixed mortgage, and all those warm fuzzies disappeared.

What happened to consequences? What happened to waiting till you can afford at least a down payment? I saved for six years for my down payment, and some of those years were as a part-timer and an intern, so don't tell me it can't be done. And I did it on a single salary, without a "gift" from family to help cover the down payment or closing costs.

So where's my reward for doing the right thing, huh? Ah, but bitterness is its own reward.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home